At Advantage Medical Staffing, your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
Collection and use of personal data
Purpose of processing and legal basis
We will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases, we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data and the legal bases we rely upon to offer our work-finding services to you are:
• Where we have a legitimate interest
• Consent for processing sensitive personal data
• To comply with a legal obligation that we have
• To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
This is where we have a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where we have relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
• Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date
• Providing work-finding services to you and our clients
• Sharing your personal data with our approved payroll providers
• Where there are legal obligations to provide your personal data to official bodies
• Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it
• Giving you information about similar products or services that you have used from us recently
We have certain legal and contractual requirements to collect personal data e.g., to comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, immigration, and tax legislation, and in some circumstances safeguarding requirements. Our clients may also require this personal data, and/or we may need your data to enter into a contract with you. If you do not give us personal data we need to collect, we may not be able to continue to provide work-finding services to you.
Recipient/s of data
We will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
• Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to)
• Former employers whom we may seek references from
• Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
• Any of our group companies
• Any public information sources and third-party organisations that we may use to carry out suitability checks on work-seekers including the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL), Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) & General Medical Council (GMC)
• Law enforcement agencies and other regulators including the Police, Home Office, HMRC, Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate (EASI), Local Authority Designated Officers (LADOs) and the GLAA
Categories of Data
Depending on the relevant circumstances and applicable local laws and requirements, we may collect some or all of the information listed below to enable us to offer you employment opportunities which are tailored to your circumstances and your interests. In some jurisdictions, we are restricted from processing some of the data outlined below. In such cases, we will not process the data in those jurisdictions:
• Age/date of birth
• Marital status
• Contact details
• Education details
• Employment history
• Emergency contacts and details of any dependents
• Referee details
• Immigration status (whether you need a work permit)
• Nationality/citizenship/place of birth
• A copy of your driving license and/or passport/identity card
• Financial information (where you are employed in a temporary position through Advantage Medical Staffing Ltd. payroll or we need to carry out financial background checks)
• Social security number (or equivalent in your country) and any other tax-related information
• Diversity information including racial or ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs, and physical or mental health, including disability-related information
• Details of any criminal convictions if this is required for a role that you are interested in applying for
• Details about your current remuneration, pensions and benefits arrangements
• Information on your interests and needs regarding future employment, both collected directly and inferred, for example from jobs viewed or articles read on our website
• Extra information that you choose to tell us
• IP address
• The dates, times and frequency with which you access our services.
Please note that the above categories are not an exhaustive list.
Sensitive personal data
• Health information including whether you have a disability
• Criminal convictions
Please note that the above list of categories of personal and/or sensitive personal data we may collect is not exhaustive.
Sources of Data
Where the data we collected did not come from you (the data subject), we sourced your personal and/or sensitive personal data from one of the following:
• LinkedIn and other job sites
• A former employer
• A referee whose details you previously provided to us
• Our clients
Given the niche nature of Advantage Medical Staffing services and market, we have legitimate interests in keeping data for market intelligence purposes.
We will delete your personal data from our systems if we have not had any meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for four years (or for such longer period as we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to preserve your data).For those candidates whose services are provided via a third-party company or other entity, “meaningful contact” with you means meaningful contact with the company or entity which supplies your services. Where we are notified by such company or entity that it no longer has that relationship with you, we will retain your data for no longer than two years from that point or, if later, for the period of two years from the point we subsequently have meaningful contact directly with you.
Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. For example, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. This is currently 3 to 6 years.
We will attempt to verify the data we hold for you at least every two years. Where we have obtained your consent to process your sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period, we will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted, we will cease to process your sensitive personal data which means we will no longer be able to provide work finding services.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data we process on you
• The right of access to the personal data we process on you
• The right to rectification of your personal data
• The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data
• The right to data portability in certain circumstances
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
• The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
• The right to withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to us processing your sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting a representative at Advantage Medical Staffing, who will provide you with the required ‘Withdrawal of Consent’ form. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to further processing that does not affect any processing done prior to the withdrawal of that consent, or which is done according to another legal basis.
There may be circumstances where we will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. Where this is the case, we will tell you and we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that we process is incorrect or incomplete, please contact a representative of the company and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other external websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally collected by our website.
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We take every precaution to protect our users’ information and only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your information.
We use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email or the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email or the internet.
If you share a device with others, we recommend that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ function when that option is offered.
If you have any questions about the security for our website, please contact a company representative at Advantage Medical Staffing.
Changes to this privacy statement
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. We will post any changes on the statement with revision dates. If we make any material changes, we will notify you.
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it, please contact a representative at Advantage Medical Staffing.
Signed: Dr Rowen Fernando
For and on behalf of Advantage Medical Staffing Ltd